Dining at The Pump Room - Afternoon Tea Ticket
Enjoy our sumptuous interpretation of the ritual that began in the 1800s, when the 7th Duchess of Bedford found a way to fill the ‘hungry’ gap between lunch and supper. Served from 12 noon, Monday to Sunday, the menu features a selection of delicious savoury and sweet treats along with our homemade buttermilk scones.
Non-alcoholic, Gluten-free, Vegetarian and Vegan options are available. Please state any allergen requirements at checkout and our team will discuss this with you on the day.
On The Menu
A chilled glass of Champagne or Strawberry, Elderflower and Ginger Fizz (Non-Alcoholic). Champagne teas for two will be served with a bottle of Searcys Selected Cuvée Champagne.
Beetroot cured smoked salmon blini with creme fraiche (£5.50 supplement)
Castlemead chicken and tarragon pie
Crayfish bridge roll
Local ale and Cheddar rarebit, onion chutney
Salt beef and gruyère cheese toastie
Homemade buttermilk scones, fruit and plain with Dorset clotted cream and jam
Daily Selection of Pump Room pastries
Served with a pot of our house loose leaf tea collection or locally hand-roasted filter coffee
Homemade cheese and tomato pizza
Ice cream sundae
Served with apple or orange juice
- We look forward to greeting you at the start of your chosen session time: 12.00pm, 2.00pm or 4.00pm. As it takes time to seat all guests following new guidelines, we request that you kindly allow a further 15-20 minutes in your schedule for this. Arriving a little earlier is also helpful. The session timings allow us to re-sanitise thoroughly between sittings. Face coverings are required on arrival and for use of facilities. Thank you for your understanding.
- A discretionary 10% service charge will be added to your bill on the day of your reservation.
- Your booking session will be for 1.5 hrs from the time of booking.
- Please present your booking confirmation for The Pump Room on arrival.
- Tickets must be shown upon arrival.
- Wines, spirits and soft drinks will be available to order and purchase on the day. Payment will be credit and debit cards only.
- Menus are indicative and may be subject to change.
- Tickets are not refundable or transferrable and are only valid on the selected time and date.
- Please note that we can accommodate a maximum of 6 guests for group bookings as per the government guidelines.